Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 12:06:47 -0500
Listowner Folks,

On Wednesday Alex Rudd mentioned the MAILTPL file:

"...on LISTSERV@UIUCVMD, which is running version 1.8a of the LISTSERV
software.  This means that you're able to utilize a MAILTPL file.

The administrative message you're referring to can now be completely
controlled by the list owner.  It's worded the way it is now for your
\...\
messages you can now customize (without continued assistance of any of
your LISTSERV maintainers).  The various messages in this one file are
delimited by lines beginning with three greater-than signs (>>>)...."

I'm interested in doing this but I wonder if the header line

* FILES=NO

must be changed to allow for the "Listname MAILTPL" file to exist.

Also, I am not clear if this requires the assistance of my local list
administrator. As a list owner, I do not have an account on or access to
the listserv machine that I know of, other than email.

I use email to deal with Listserv. So, another question would be, how do I
set up the Listname MAILTPL file by email, if it can be done.

Again, thanks!

 Pax,  Dave
Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 512/463-9321 #this too shall pass#