Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:40:53 -0600
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Williams, Patrick wrote:
> I got a copy of DEFAULT.MAILTPL.  I assume the templates in this file can
> only be modified by the site manager, right?  As an individual list owner, I
> can't modify them, right?

No, if it is in the default.mailtpl you, as listowner, can change it for
*your* list (unless you are using Lite or, maybe, you've contracted with
LSOFT for them to do that stuff for you, in which case tell them what you
wnat and they'll do it for you).

Get the default, select the specific .mailtpl you want to change, make the
changes and PUT it as  your listname.mailtpl .  Note that your
listname.mailtpl contains all your custom .mailtpls for your list, so, if
you already have a listname.mailtpl you must GET your listname.mailtpl and
add the new changes, then PUT it.If you don't have a listname.mailtpl, and
you won't unless you've PUT it, you can't GET it, get the default.  The
first time you PUT your listname.mailtpl records for it will automatically
be created.

The first time I tried to change a listname.mailtpl to took me three
tries before LISTSERV would follow the contents. Nothing wrong with my
PUT, the listname.mailtpl was there, but LISTSERV didn't like the way
I wrote the changes, so, thank goodness, LISTSERV reverted to the default.

As to the default.mailtpl, no, you cannot change that unless you are site
administrator.   Douglas