John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 May 1998 03:51:59 +0200
Beyond what's listed in the Listserv Documentation, I wonder how other list
owners make their lists known to the world.

It seems like most new list subscribers find lists by word of mouth or some
miracle of stumbling across them.  I wish there was some way (optimally
built into the Listserv software) that lists could be made more prominent
on the web so that people could find out about them if they did searches on
Yahoo!, Excite, or one of the other search engines.

It's one thing if there's a list floating around (for doctors, for
instance) that can be publicized in a publication or newsletter that
already "connects" the people who are potential list subscribers, but if
you on a list with scattered subscribers who don't know of their relation
to one another (such as for people who own a certain model of automobile or
like to watch a certain TV show) then it's much tougher to get the word out.

Comments?  Suggestions?

-- John