Dennis Gormley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:01:35 -0400
bill salmon wrote:

>Bollinger, Eric W wrote:

><snip>
>"It is the preliminary welcome msg that I would like
>to eliminate.  It reads like this:"

>that is $SIGNUP, included by default in ADD1 and
>SIGNUP1. you can get detailed info in chapter 9 of the
>listwoners manual.

. . . which can be found at
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc9154315

In section 9.4.2 (found at
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc9154322) there is a
reference to $signup which says

"a template form included with SIGNUP1 and ADD1 (assuming that SIGNUP1 and ADD1
templates include an ".im $SIGNUP" line, which by default they do) which gives
the subscriber a basic outline of how to use the list, how various options are
set, and where to get more information on using LISTSERV. You can use this
template in lieu of a WELCOME file for your list if you don't want two messages
to go to the user at subscription time."

Sound like just the ticket!

Dennis