Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:29:44 +1000

>>I want to periodically (say, once every 6 months) re-send the "welcome"
>message
>>to existing subscribers as a way of reminding them of list policies, etc.
>>
>>Of course, I could just copy and paste the message into an e-mail and
>post it
>>to the list.  But is there a way to set this up to happen automatically?
>
>Not within the functions of Listserv, as far as I know, but if you use an
>operating system on your desktop machine that has job scheduling software
>(such as Mac OS X or any other flavor of Unix), you could easily schedule
>it.

Actually, there _is_ a way to do this.  You can use the Renewal= keyword
and change the PROBE1 template to have the wording of the WELCOME message.
This is commonly used for a rotating FAQ; you can even tune it to send a
different file at alternating periods.  By turning on the 'Probe' parameter
of Renewal= you can also perform active probing at the same time.

See Chapter 9.8.2 of the LISTSERV Owner's Manual for details or online here
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc9154335>.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.