Undetermined origin c/o Postmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 1992 00:31:35 EST
Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 1992 09:29:40 EST Duane D. Weaver said:
> >The list keyword Renewal has been available for quite awhile, but
> >I have seen little use of it.   Why?
>
> I started using  renewal in the summer.   The reason I had not  used it soone
> was because it was not documented in any  obvious place at the time.  I am no
> sure if the  situation has changed.  If  not, it explains why  few list owner
> use  it.

Is it true that it only generates BITNET-style instructions (i.e.:
"TELL ... CONFIRM ..." rather than "CONFIRM ...") for people to
follow for renewing?  I haven't been able to find out an answer to
this for sure, and since most of my users are *not* on BITNET, I for
one am loathe to find out the hard way...  Also, how does it handle
subscribers whose paths when sending the CONFIRM command don't match
the paths their SUB command took?

Steve

---
Steve Traugott - computers, electronics, organizations, and aerospace
(DAILY)> [log in to unmask]   (DAILY)> [log in to unmask]