Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:03:43 +10
just thought I would mention the other side of the coin here....

we have just been notified that one of our list owners is overseas for 3
years.... no one knows when he left .... and the list is fully moderated
because of the nature of the information.....

it would be nice sometimes if list owners would just let the list
administrators know what the hell is going on......

to add to the problem he also left with the root password for the machine he
uses..... so we cant even get at the mail backed up from the list unless we
"get" in and change the password......

admittedly this is probably the worst one I have come across..... I just wonder
how his subscribers feel about it..... I will have to send out another message
to the owners list we have here just explaining a little bit about organization
and common courtesy.....

Debra