Andy Smith-Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:40:33 -0400
This may or may not be happening in your case, but something to look for
is an "innocent bystander." We had a case where AOL was blocking
messages based on a URL in a list member's signature line. Here's what I
wrote to the owner of that list:

Someone is posting a URL (and that post has probably also been quoted
multiple times). The URL in question is probably hosted on the same
server as another site that's the target of a phishing attack or similar.

For example: http://malicious-site.com is hosted at a hosting company
along with a lot of other sites. The host has IP address 1.2.3.4. Thus,
1.2.3.4 winds up on a blacklist. So http://i-am-a-good-site.org, hosted
by the same company, gets blacklisted as well. If that second URL
appears in the body of a post, it will be blocked by AOL.

There is nothing we can do about this, as is the case with almost every
AOL issue.

Hope that helps,
-Andy

--