Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:35:22 -0500
>The *only* reason I don't have Subscription= Open,Confirm on some lists
>is because we require a full name on some lists.  LISTSERV used to refuse
>subscriptions without full names... it'd be nice if there was an option to
>turn off the ability to subscribe anonymously.
>
>Bill

There is still nothing to prevent somebody from sending to listserv@host

subscribe listname . .

Might as well be equivalent to subscribing as anonymous.  The only way to
actually control this is to have subscription by owner, and for security
reasons, validate=all would be helpful to to prevent somebody from
spoofing your address to sign either themself or other people to your
list.

Glenn