"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Nov 1993 13:08:00 EST
>Does anyone know of any method other than the 'Daily-Threshold'
>keyword to regulate the daily volume of a list?

>We have 'Daily-Threshold' set to 10 on UUs-L, which seems to be a
>comfortable number.  Beyond that the volume seems to stress people
>out and the confusion and flames increase.

Yes, allow the DIGEST option.  Defaults to Daily for lists that
are archived and not otherwise inhibited by list defintion.  Make
sure your line-limit on the Digest is high enough.  Feel free to
issue a "REV TQM-L (SHORT" to observe one set of keywords for the
DIGEST= option.  Also, send the following to LISTSERV@SEARN for more
discussion:

//ListSrch JOB Echo=no
Database Search DD=Rules OUTLIM=5000
//Rules DD *
s digest= in lstown-l since 93 where sender contains (eric or pmw1)
index date.8 subject.70
print
/*
//  EOJ