David McKnew <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 22:29:18 -0500
       Well, I have been a subscriber to this list for about 3 months now,
getting an idea of the problems encountered by list owners managing a list. I
have accumulated all my reference sheets for running a list; LISTSERV MEMO,
LISTSERV REFCARD, LISTKEYW MEMO, ETC.......
I have tried contacting commercial providers only to find most knew less than
I on the subject. I have done a database search for Washington, Utah, Oregon,
and California. California was the only state near me that ran the Listserv
software. I contacted 6 of these sites with only negative response, "Local
lists only" was my most popular response I received. I have even gone to my
local library in Kitsap County, they thought it would be a great idea to add
Listserv to their system, so I gave them Eric Thomas's E-Mail address to
aquire the Software. They told me that Listserve was too complicated a
program and they did not have time right now to install it, and they decided
to go with Majordomo. I want to try and go with Listserve.

    So anyway, I did not mean to be too long winded, but I just wanted to get
the point across that I have tried. I am at the end of my rope and I thought
I would make one last ditch effort to attract a host for my list.

     Purpose of proposed list;

To link the chimney sweeps world wide for open discussion, questions and
answers with such topics as; fire prevention, carbon monoxide detectors,
safety issues, new product (what works, what does not) trouble shooting
problems, and various other issues that pertains to fire safety and the chimne
y cleaning industry. I have approxiamatly 30 chimney sweeps, Chimney Safety
institute of America, National Chimney Sweep Guild and various chimney sweep
magazine publications that would be interested so far.

Subscriptions would be automatic and the list would be moderated.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Any direct responses please send to: [log in to unmask]
call or write;

                                                                David C.
McKnew

Dave's Chimney Service