Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:36:11 -0600
> to ensure that, as site maintainer, you know who is supposed to run a
> list, even years after the initial creation, is to have the list owner of
> record sign and return a yearly agreement that lays out the basic
> adminsitrative ground rules and that also very clearly lays out who is a
> list owner and which *one* list owner has ultimately responsibility if a
> dispute arises.

I'm not sure that's workable with a host the size of the one Paul's talking about . and it
would be an administrative nightmare .. who would enforce?

I think Paul is on the right track really .. some way to record the primary and protect
tha recording.  That would make it the primary's responsibility.  If it's not done and a
dispute arises .. the Postmaster decides by coin toss or whatever and the decision is
not open to debate.

I do agree with you on there being ONE person responsible for each though, big
time :-)

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]