"Kathy in Pa. USA" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 23:36:56 -0400
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Ruth Ginzberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Dear Jim;
>
>I don't have as much experience as some of the people on this list, but I have
>some.  This is my opinion only;  others may, and probably do, disagree.  Hope
>they respond to you also...
>
>I think that the listowner really sets the tone of the list, and I think
>this is how it should be.There is *NO* need for you to put up with things
>that you are unwilling to have on your list.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ruth, I've run a list for more than 6 months now and
my group always counts on me to step in and take charge when things go amiss,
they respect me for it because they know I always try to be fair! Foul language
and RELIGOUS talk are as frowned upon equally!! I had a problem with someone
starting a religious debate once!! I tell folks to try and act like they would
at a school function or something the general public would attend. Repsecting
each other is important.
IMHO