"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:40:51 -0500
>I remember that "too many hops" means the message is bouncing through
>too many machines on its path between the list and the subscriber--but I
>don't remember if there's anything I can do about it. Will having the
>subscriber set her options to "SHORThdr" help?
>
>Thanks in advance--
>--
>
>Ione

Depends on if there is an honest to goodness problem with a few machines
in between the list and said account.  I have had (very very rarely)
problems where a message I sent via pricvate e-mail come back with too
many hops, and it was quite clear exactly where the problem was along the
line of delivery.  Their ISP was sending stuff between three different
servers repeatedly and finally the message bounced back to me.  So it may
or may not help you to set this subscriber to SHORThdr.  Only one way to
find out...

Glenn