Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:26:18 -0500
At 10:52 02/22/2000 Tuesday , Betty Harris wrote:
 >Hi all,
 >
 >I have a problem.  Each time someone posts to my list, they get a automated
 >response from [log in to unmask]  I've looked at the mail header (see
 >below)
 >and don't find that address subscribed to my list and don't see anything else
 >in the header that would tell me what's going on.  I suspect one of my
 >subscribers is redirecting their mail which means I need to e-mail half my
 >list and keep doing that till I find the address?  That's going to be a
 >pain because
 >the attached freeshop response from 2/21 is in response to a message I
 >posted on
 >2/19.  Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Is "eGain" a relevant userid?

Check out all of the DNSes records for related sites

Query:Mail Rename (MR):freeshop.com
Authoritative Answer
Server has no data for this query
Complete:NO_DATA freeshop.com
Query:All records (ALL):freeshop.com
freeshop.com    NS      HERMES.freeshop.com
freeshop.com    NS      NS1.IXA.NET
freeshop.com    SOA     HERMES.freeshop.com     dnsadmin.freeshop.com
freeshop.com    NS      HERMES.freeshop.com
freeshop.com    NS      NS1.IXA.NET
HERMES.freeshop.com     A       209.102.26.11
NS1.IXA.NET     A       199.242.16.1
Complete: freeshop.com

e.g., IXA.NET might be subscribed.

Do an NetSol (formerly InterNIC) WHOIS on those domains and again see if any other hostnames shown are subscribed.

If that doesn't do it, and if your are a LISTSERV maintainer, or acquire her help, do a DISTRIBUTE MAIL  to all subscribers and see if the mail returns a message.

/Pete