Tim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Nov 1993 10:20:18 PDT
Has anyone else recently had problems with any *.u.washington.edu
sites?  We almost had our mailer shut down over the weekend due to
over 7000 lines of errors.  (over 200 messages.)  Apparently they
have a new mailing system that holds messages for people whose
mailboxes are full.  The mailer sends out no error messages, it
simply holds it for 14 days.  Then, on the fourteenth day, if the
user's mailbox is still full, then it ships all 14 days worth of
undelivered messages back as errors in a few hours.

We've been in contact with some support personnel at that site.  I
was just curious if this has caused problems for any other listowners,
so you could add your voice to our complaints.

Tim Rushing ([log in to unmask])
TESL-L Assistant Manager