Tue, 24 May 1994 09:34:07 -0400
I do not wnat to clutter the list, whose subscribers are all much more
knowedgeable than I, with what may seem stupid questions, but I need
a little help. I am a new listowner of a rapidly growing list that serves
a humanities base. I have no experience doing this before. I have contacted
my listserv for a refcard and the owner's manual, but this information
does not contain the types of more advanced material, like "filter:",
that I have seen discussed here.

IS there a book or a file that I can access and read that will give me
more elaborate documentation and discussion regarding listownership,
sort of like a "listownership for dummies"? ANY suggestions will be
pursued and studied assidously.

In addition, I am getting messages from my subscribers stating that the
volume is too high (60 messages/day or more). How can I "gateway" my
bitnet-listserv group to a Usenet newgroup? I am much more competent at
mail than nn, so please be gentle with me.

Many thanks. And please excuse my tyrohood.

Louise Mowder