"Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Jan 1993 21:52:27 -0500
Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Although I agree that the value of forged postings is *very* limited, I
> have had a few occasions that called for use of port 25.  E.g., I forgot
> about one list I was subscribed to when my userid changed and had to forge
> an 'unsub' request from my old userid later.  True, I could have sent
> e-mail to the listowner asking him/her to delete me, but forging a message
> was quicker and easier.

  I meant "posting" as "posting to a list". Sending a command to a server like
LISTSERV, when done as a system management function, is different.

        Terry Kennedy           Operations Manager, Academic Computing
        [log in to unmask]     St. Peter's College, Jersey City, NJ USA
        [log in to unmask]    +1 201 915 9381