Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 May 1999 20:22:13 PDT
On May 19,  3:39pm, Sherry Beauchamp wrote:

} Can anyone tell me how to expand email headers in Outlook Express?  I have
} a brain-dead quasi-subscriber who can't figure out how she's receiving our
} list mail, and can't figure out how to expand them herself ...

I have OE at work (not overly fond of it though) and I have done it.
Lets see if I can remember it.  There are 2 ways, and since you probably
want her to send you the full headers, I will describe that way first.

The main screen has 3 sections.  The left is a list of folders.  The top
right is a list of items in the selected folder, and if you click on
one, it will display the item in the bottom right section.  At this
point, click on file, Save-As.  You then get a standard file open
window.  In the save as type, it will default to ".eml".  Change this to
".txt", and point the rest to any convenient directory.  Use any file
name you wish (don't recall what it defaults to).  Then do the save.
The resulting text file has the whole 9 yards.

To view the headers (and I think you can copy/paste from there), select
an item in the top right section.  Go to File, properties, and from
there you can get to 2 different views of the headers.  Sorry, I don't
recall the exact steps.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507