Bret Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:33:06 -0400
Douglas,

You raise an interesting issue.  We are sub=by-owner simply because we
wanted some say in who could subscribe.  While it is a lot of work
right now, and we are in fact rejecting very few, the open
subscription command seems problematic simply because they would be
signed up before we realized who they were, and then we would have to
delete them "against their will" as opposed to simply not letting them
join in the first place.  If I'm missing something here, please let me know.

BD