Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 20:21:48 +0000
text/plain (17 lines)
I am pretty sure I've seen a reference to the fact that LSOFT has a practice of occasionally hosting lists gratis for charitable or non-profit organizations, but I've just been searching for it and can't find it.

The reason I'm doing this is that I manage a small announce-only list (c. 1600 subscribers) for a local arts support organization. It's a newsletter which sends out every week a list of all the "artistic" events in the local (Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada) area. We've recently run into problems with our phpList provider, and I'm looking for alternatives. I thought of LISTSERV immediately because I've been managing a few LISTSERV lists for some decades, and am comfortable with the interface. But the universities hosting the lists I own have no policy about hosting lists other than those directly connected with their own faculties and interests.

We have no budget for list distribution: we underpay an editor to assemble the weekly list and I do management as a volunteer. I've been looking for alternatives that aren't commercial marketing tools, and don't cost much. We had considered MailChimp at one point, but it seems designed for marketing (as does ConstantComment). We're not selling anything . . . 

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be happy to hear it.

-- Russ

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2