Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 20:22:53 +0200
LISTSERV  will decode  quoted-printable or  base64 requests  sent to  the
LISTSERV address (old  versions may not do this). I  don't see any reason
why accented characters  would be a problem. DBCS  characters are another
story and I would not recommend  their use in passwords, because LISTSERV
has no knowledge of  DBCS outside of the web archive  interface and a few
other places,  and will process them  as a string of  regular single-byte
characters. Some of these single-byte characters may have special meaning
(I  don't know  for sure  but I  wouldn't be  surprised if  a SPACE  were
possible) and you may not get the desired results.

  Eric