Jim Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:30:36 -0400
I'm considering setting up a list to act like a blog.

For this reason, I'm assuming that most users would be non-subscribers who
want to visit a web page containing the latest content. Therefore, sending
them to the usual archive page, and then making them click on the current
notebook, doesn't really fit the intended model. (It's a question of
presentation, not reachability.)

Is there a way to construct a URL that always points to the latest archive?
I'm used to URLs like the following, that point to a specific archive:
http://listserv.encompassus.org/Scripts/wa-ENCOMPASS.exe?
A1=ind0308&L=esilug-list

I want a generic way to point to the current archive for a given list, so I
can use a static URL, and not have to change it every time the list starts
a new archive file.

BTW, LISTSERV as a blog tool means your blog has a built-in way to let
people get it by e-mail anyway, if they're interested.

Jim Becker