Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:05:21 -0700
>I'm getting complaints from subscribers at excite.com and iwon.com that the
>headers come through but the body of the post is missing.
>
>All post to the list are made in plain text....

Most Likely cause:  They are getting digests.  MIME is the default and you
haven't over-ridden with NOMIME (I personally believe should be the default)

You don't have the Attachments= NO (or preference), and/or don't have the
Langugae= NOHTML enabled.  And the HTML is messing up the digest and/or the
recipients mailer from those organizations isn't interpreting them right for
some reason.

And, past time to sneak in another plug of performing auto-conversion of
quoted printable mail, at least for digest.  When practically the whole
world is doing it, IMHO it makes better business and user sense to manage it
also, in spite of biases and RFCs. It is getting increasingly difficult for
users to turn off (when it can be turned off).  And users, in the areas of
my particular interest, don't like to feel they are being hassled for
something that was set up a particular way as they received and have used.
Err, off soap box.  Next!

Randy