Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:18:06 -0500
On: Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 09:48:51AM -0800,Harry Dewey, Beltsville,              Maryland USA zone 7a NARGS+Potomac Valley Chapter Wrote:

} I need to know how to create paragraphing and other formatting in my
} revised versions of  some of the Listserv "list templates".
}
} When I first discovered, some years ago, that the canned automatic
} replies (list templates) provided by the L-Soft Corporation's Listserv
} staff could be altered, I
} seized upon them eagerly as a device for bringing order to the chaos
} that completely unregulated lists can provide.  I was able to provide
} (to persons who had just posted messages, for example) advice about
} off-topic postings, etc.
}
} However, I soon noticed that I had no control over formatting of my
} additions.  The
} messages are sent out as one continuous paragraph and are VERY difficult
} to read.

Harry, if you surround sections that you have preformatted with:

   .fo off
    preformatted text
   .fo on

they will usually be left alone.

(There are some exceptions.)

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507