RSDNet List Administration <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:25:03 -0500
>On Jan 20,  8:02pm, Andrew Morgan wrote:
>
>} When I issue commands to ADD and DELETE members to lists, a notification
>} email is sent to the postmaster (in this case it is me).

You might want to change something in your list header. Is the postmaster
one of the list owners as in * Owner= [log in to unmask] ? And is Notify=
yes set in your header? Then the postmaster will be getting copies of these
messages. If you change the list header so that you put the line
        * Owner= quiet:

In front of the
        * Owner= [log in to unmask]
section, as in
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Owner= quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask]

Then the notifications will not go to the postmaster. They will only go to
owners whose email addresses are above the * Owner= quiet: line in the list
header.

Anyway, try that and see if it works. That is how I have my lists set up
and the postmaster (which is me) never gets any notifications.

Karen Strauss
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Network