John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:39:36 -0400
> I have a moderated list with the settings
>
> *  Review= Owner   Subscription= Editor,Confirm
> *  Send= Editor,Hold
>
> The problem is I get messages to review from NON-SUBSCRIBERS -
> esepcially lately this new virus going around (hundreds of them!).
>
> I want to change the settings so that ONLY subscribers can post a
> message AND keep the list moderated.
>
> I tried the settings:
>
> *  Review= Owner   Subscription= Editor,Confirm
> *  Send= Private,Editor,Hold
>
> but when I tested this by posting a message from a subscriber account
> (not also an owner or editor), the message went to the entire list
> WITHOUT going to me first for the OK.
>
> How can I have a private, moderated list and block all these virus
> messages coming to me for approval?

Send= Editor,Hold
Default-Options= NOPOST

NOPOST is the only way to reject non-subscribers messages going to the
Editor when the list is set Send= Editor as LISTSERV will send all posts
there. Default-Options=  includes new subscribers as well as non-
subscribers. So, you must remember to set new subscribers to POST after
you ADD each one.  Also remember that NOPOST works on Owners, Moderators
and Editors too.