"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Apr 1993 16:00:00 EDT
Have any list-owners, who now have the TOPICS capability available on
their LISTSERV, figured out how to _decide_ which topics, if any, would
be appropriate for their list(s)?

1) Was it unilateral by you? (perhaps you searched the notebook for
   recent subjects:)

2) Do you plan on doing a survey?

3) Do you plan on waiting and see what other owners are doing w/
   TOPICS?

4) something else?

As an aside, I've received one comment from a list-owner who felt that
list subscribers won't play nice i.e., that the users will tend to
ignore setting the topic appropriately.

(If you plan on REPLYing, I've set it to reply-to: me.  I summarize
if I get your comments by Tuesday, 6 Apr).

/Pete ([log in to unmask]) -- co-owner of one weekly digestified list
--
Peter M. Weiss                     |              oas.psu.edu postmaster
31 Shields Bldg -- Penn State Univ.| "He was a couple of diskettes short