Michael Loftis <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:08:53 -0700
(response inline)

--On February 24, 2007 2:59:59 PM -0500 John Cunniff <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hello, Everybody,
>
> On LISTSERV 15.0:

..
> It appeared that my friend's e-mail address was showing like this:

> (Notice: u and U are different in the listed above). So, I tried to
> remove "[log in to unmask]" by highlighted that. Then, I clicked on "Delete
> from list" Then, I got this message:

This is normal LHS/User portion is case sensitive on many systems.
Domains, by definition, are not.

> The following users has been removed from the list:
>
> [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]

However it removing both if you indeed only deleted one, is a bug.
Hopefully the LSoft guys/gals are watching and can reproduce this.

> That really surprised me! I have lost TWO addrresses, not one!! So, I
> went to Examine box and typed:

> It said "No matches found" so, I assumd that LISTSERV did removed TWO
> altogether! So, I had to use "Add Subscriber" box to do this. And it only
> added ONCE.
>
> I notified my co-owner who reported to me about the problem. She was
> surprised to learn about that.
>
> I think it is the bug in LISTSERV that caused the above problems. I think
> the problem should be fixed in the next version after version 15.0 or
> something that we needs to be more careful of watching out for adding
> someone without any communication break-downs between me and a co-owner...
>
> Thank you.
>
> John :)

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler