Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 14:20:57 EDT
On Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:41:01 EDT John Witherspoon said:
>Anyone care to advise about the pros and cons of raising the threshold?

I try to use the daily limit as a tool under some circumstances.  If the
daily limit is, say, 75 and the list won't get freed when the limit is hit
until the following day, subscribers know exactly how much mail to expect
and are a lot more careful about sending "junk" postings as well.

Several lists I know of work this way and I think it works pretty well.
The daily limit can be adjusted if need be, and exceptionally one can decide
to free the list an extra time if there's an unusual backlog, but it does
pretty much keep things predicatable.

Might not work well for every list and I'm not saying it's THE way to go,
but wanted to throw out a different opinion.

--
Bill Gruber
City University of New York