"Michael J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:55:51 -0400
I have had this problem in relation to the server I use to send the mail in
front of the listserv. I use MS Exchange in from of listserv instead of
LSMTP. There is a size limit of 3 MB for an attachment. That does not mean
you can send 3 MB because that total applies to the whole email plus the
attachment plus the encoding.

There are many email servers that have these types of limits. You may want
to check there while you search for answers.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Alana Holroyd [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 9:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: size limit mail template

Hi,

One of our users has posted an attachment which was rejected because of
overpassing the size limit we've set in the list header.  However he didn't
receive an informational email indicating that this had happened.  I can't
seem to find a template that pertains to the size limit.  A) Is there a
template for this? B) If not, how does listserv hadle the notification?

Thanks,

Alana