"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:37:30 -0500
Angus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That listserv would include full headers in subscription requests and
> emails to the generic listowner addresses.
>
> As it is, we can't tell who is sending these.

Then, Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> replied later in the thread:

> It would also be possible for your site admin to write a list exit using
> the documented SUB_FILTER exit point that would simply dump the contents
> of the file listserv.cmsut1 (found in LISTSERV's TMP directory while the
> exit program is running) to a log file for later inspection.

In the general case, isn't it possible for the Listserv maintenance
person
(listserv-request@..., I think) to lookup the site from which the
mail arrived?  If so, then that would be at least a first step in the
detective work.  Then, the general recommendation to a listowner would
be "write listserv-request@... and ask them for help."

En paz,
Steve