Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 08:32:01 -0500
[Linda Henneman]
> Pardon me if this  question has been done  to death--I'm new to the  list
> and contemplating starting a   majordomo and mistakenly thought this  was
> for  all listservers until I  read the message  about listproc. If anyone
> knows if there  is a mailing list for   majordomo I'd appreciate  hearing
> about it and then I'll signoff this list. TIA

LISTSERV is to mailing list managers what Kleenex is  to facial tissues, it
seems ... a specific  product so popular that   its name has  nearly turned
into a generic.  (Lawyers: do not flame me please)

Anyway, this is my opportunity to promote my FAQ  again.  For basic info on
where to  get   and where to  talk   about every  major MLM  currently   in
existence, as well  as  information and  hints on making  a  decision among
them, read...   The Mailing List Management  Software  FAQ.  Available from
USENET  in news.answers  and  comp.mail.list.admin.software, and  also from
fine  mail servers worldwide.  Since we're  on a  LISTSERV list, here, I'll
tell you how  to get it from LISTSERV:  write to [log in to unmask], and
in your message body say "GET MLM-SOFTWARE FAQ" (no quotes).

That will answer your  question and many more, Linda.   There is a  section
that says where to get and talk about Majordomo, where to get its FAQ, what
some of its advantages and disadvantages are, etc.

Norm
--
"Dog for sale: Eats anything and is fond of children."