Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 21:48:47 -0700
At 07:47 PM 1/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Can somebody please refresh my memory: If I register as Joe Blow on a
>Listserv list on server A, and then I register as Dan Blow on a list on
>server B, will the "updated" name associated with my e-mail address from
>server B get reported back to server A, which then updates its records?

between servers, no.  for multi lists on same server, yes.

>Here's the deal: I registered for the Continental Airlines weekly travel
>specials e-mailing; messages appear to be distributed using Listserv
>software, though subscriptions are done through an automated template on the
>Continental Airlines web page.  My subscription has just been confirmed, and
>it appears that the server has been set to put not only my name but also my
>frequent flyer number in the name field associated with my e-mail address.

hey, i'd wish they would spread my ff number around.  then i'd hope it
would be used by someone taking lots of trips around the world.  wouldn't
do much for him, but i'd love it.  o-)

>Is my address going to get "updated" (i.e. corrupted) on other servers on
>which I'm subscribed to a Listserv list?

nope.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.