"Duane D. Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 13:46:16 EST
On Wed, 10 Feb 1993 11:43:56 EDT Diane Kovacs said:
>On Wed, 10 Feb 1993 09:47:34 EST Matthew Simpson said:
>>I understand that BITNET is gradually being replaced by INTERNET.
>>No political movement would ever seem to stop this.  INTERNET is
>Wouldn't be more accurate to say that Bitnet is being absorbed into the
>internet?
>I expect that LISTSERV will continue to evolve to meet the changing
>network parameters...tcp/ip isn't going to be around forever either.
>I leave it for Eric Thomas to detail but it seems to me that Listserv
For the sake of Eric, LISTSERV postmasters and node administraters
(often the same people) who are on this list, please do not get carried
away with this discussion.

This discussion about Bitnet/Internet/LISTSERV has been carried out
on 2 other lists.   There have been many flames over this issue.
Lets get back to discussions of direct interest to list owners.
Duane Weaver
LISTSERV postmaster
Node administrater
and so on