Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:14:25 -0600
>         A service, yes.  But regardless of email client?  No.  I'll repeat
>         this:
> Netscape and Internet Explorer are free.  That means substantially all

The programs are free, but many are still using computers that won't allow them to
use them .. and some, as Paul K. said, can't because they are site impaired or
otherwise handicapped.

You want to exclude these people from email lists because they are poor or
handicapped?  I'm not too keen on the "I got mine now you get yours" deal.

Email lists for the most part, should be inclusionary, not exclusionary, I think .. as I
said before.. the glory of them is that *all* who have even the most basic internet
access, even if by toll call [plenty of them around too] .. can or should be able to
reap the benefits of email lists.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]