"Lee J. Silverman" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 May 1995 10:08:19 -0400
On Thu, 25 May 1995, Kevin J. Sinclair wrote:

> When launching a new list, for which you anticipate a lot of volume, do
> people ever have digest be the default mode?  It is for a cancer list,
> and the other cancer lists have a lot of volume, which makes some people
> unhappy.  So we were thinking of making it default to digest, and to
> explain that clearly in the welcome message.

        As a follow-up to this question, is it possible to set up the
list so that readers can *only* receive it in digest mode?  That is,
disable the "set nodigest" command (in 1.8b) completely.  Can other
commands be disabled as well?

Lee Silverman     [log in to unmask]      http://www.netspace.org/users/lee/
Network: Any thing reticulated or decussated, at equal distances,
         with interstices between the intersections.  -- S. Johnson