"Peter C.S. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:29:02 -0400
Glenn Darwin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Yes, I had it happen big time....  The one and only person I allow to
> post to our biggest list got her address spoofed and sent sobig through
> the list.  I had attachments stripped, but the effect of sending a
> message that appered to tbe the virus was unsettling for 18 thousand
> subscribers....

Tell me about it! This happened to one of our LISTOWNERS -- and, of course,
it could have been ANY address. Like you, we had ATTACH= No. We are
investigating using the advanced filtering in 1.8e but of course, we'll have
to keep up to date with the current virus du jour's list of possible subject
lines....

BTW Re. private, moderated lists, I'm confused. Why doesn't Listserv reject
messages from nonsubscribers and THEN send the remainder to the moderators?
Is there a reason for this behavior?

       peter

--
Peter C.S. Adams <[log in to unmask]>