"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:20:38 -0400

>On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Alperin, Glenn wrote:
>>
>> Of course, it is also possible that there has been a person randomly
>> subscribing AOL addresses to your list, in which case you'd begin to
>> expect all those bounces.  What does your list header look like at
>> current?
>
>Haven't examined all in detail, natch, but I have seen addresses I
>recognize as having been there previously.
>
>*  Organ transplant recipients and anyone else intested in the issues.
>*
>*  REVIEW= OWNER      SUBSCRIPTION= OPEN,confirm     SEND= Editor
So I guess tha means that my possible idea as to why all the bounces is
probably incorrect, due to your use of "confirm".  It might explain it if
the errors you are recieving are relating to simply recieving the welcome
message.  After all, if the welcome message bounces, then it is a pretty
clear sign that something is amiss....

>Mike Holloway

Glenn Alperin