W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 22:15:58 -0330

> On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 13:46:25 -0330 W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
> said:
>
> >Is there a way for LISTSERV to standardize this so that it always comes
> >through as in the first line?

To which Eric replied:

> LISTSERV already does that.

OK, I admit that the bracketed personal name no longer occurs, and the
order is now always "personal name" followed by "email address" in
pointed brackets.  But then why do some have the personal name in double
quotes, and others do not?  I admit it is not so very difficult to write
a little perl routine (or VBasic, or whatever) that will strip out the
double quotes;  but it shouldn't be necessary.

bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406