Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jun 1994 20:18:03 -0500
On Wed, 22 Jun 1994 16:44:08 -0700, Bruce Schuman wrote:
>As I read the basic "INFO REFCARD" for listserv, it seems to suggest that
>subscribers can *choose* which _topics_ they wish to receive.
>
>Is this possible?  If so, how does this work?

On Thu, 23 Jun 1994 01:59:29 +0200, Eric Thomas's reply containd this caveat:
>The difficulty is in coercing the  users into putting the right labels on
>their messages  before sending them. Most  users just aren't used  to it,
>and if someone forgets  to label a message, most of  the replies (made by
>pressing the REPLY  button) will also have the wrong  topic.

My experience is that SET MAIL INDEX is MUCH more precise.  I get a daily
list of the subject lines with index numbers, and the
listname-Search-request@host reply feature makes pulling just the messages
I'm interested in a snap (now if I only had a utility that would ignore Re:
and otherwise sort the subjects alphabetically ;-)))

Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>  (203) 486-2489 Voice
Professor of Marketing                       (203) 486-5246 FAX