System Administrator Login <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 19:26:09 -0500
Greetings fellow listowners --
  This weekend, the members of the JOBPLACE mailing list were the
unwitting recipients of blatent advertising.  Apparently, a person got a
hold of the membership roster of the list (which is surprisingly easy to
do), and mailed everyone subscribed to jobplace a copy of his resume (the
header alone was over 30k).

  For future reference, how can I keep outsiders (and members of the
lists) from viewing the subscribing membership of LISTSERV mailing
lists?  I still have to apologize to the subscribers of JOBPLACE for this
unwarrented e-mail, as well as e-mail the original sender of the message.

  JOBPLACE is set confirm, to insure that people wish to be subscribed to
the list, but this is a totally different issue: I don't want people to
get the list of subscribers.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Dewey
LISTOWNER: JOBPLACE