Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Apr 1993 21:41:19 +0200
On Thu, 1  Apr 1993 13:25:01 EST "Geert  K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>   Would it be  possible to develop a command so  that people who forget
>to register their "newnode" can send a change out (as a NAD) and have it
>implemented around the net?

No. Look, I  have already spent a  LOT of time providing  a mechanism for
people who  leave the  network to  have the  addresses changed.  Now what
you're asking  for is a mechanism  to allow people who  leave the network
and haven't got an ounce of  organization to cover up their mistake after
the  fact. Why  should I  spend my  time in  that fashion?  If you're  so
disorganized  that you  can't  even announce  your new  node  2 weeks  in
advance, you deserve the troubles you get.  And, by the way, what NAD? If
the node is gone, it hasn't got a NAD any longer.

>   Or,  maybe a  keyword  that can  prevent this  kind  of double  kill,
>perhaps with some sort of option to tell LISTSERV if this is a change of
>nodename  or a  delete of  all users  (requires the  NAD to  consciously
>choose the type of change)?

What's wrong with doing ADD after you  find out the DEL removed the wrong
address?

  Eric