Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:30:56 -0600
Dear Listowner Folks,

More information on that "phantom" subscriber trying to signoff of Allergy
from WebTV. Turns out there was a different e-mail address involved.

I turned this "joined the list" message up, and it indicates that a
different domain was originally (WEBTV.COM) used to subscribe.

So, although WebTV says (in their SPAM-related propaganda) mail will never
come from WebTV.Com, as a listowner I need to look out for WebTV.Com
addresses, anyway.

=== ===

Date:         Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:25:43 -0600
From: "L-Soft list server at Texas A&M University (1.8d)"
Subject:      ALLERGY: *********@WEBTV.COM joined the list
To: [log in to unmask]

Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:25:43

xxxxxx xxxx <[log in to unmask]>  has just  subscribed to  the ALLERGY
list (Allergy discussion list).

=== ===

Subscription options for xxxxxx xxxx <[log in to unmask]>, list ALLERGY:

DIGEST         You receive list digests, rather than individual postings
SHORTHDR       Short mail headers with only "human friendly" fields
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
CONCEAL        Your subscription is concealed from non-privileged users;
               note that posting to the list will reveal your presence
ACK            Short e-mail acknowledgement of successfully processed
               postings
REVIEW         Your postings are forwarded to the list owner for approval

Subscription date: 28 Dec 1998

=== ===

And, apparently there is some sort of nonsense going on at WebTV, because
the address the user has been sending from (and receiving/responding from)
at WebTV just rejected my latest e-mail:

=== ===

<********@webtv.net>

... while talking to mailsorter-102.bryant.webtv.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<********@webtv.net>
<<< 550 ********@webtv.net... User unknown
550 <********@webtv.net>... User unknown

=== ===

I just successfully deleted *@webtv.com.  8=]'

As always, thanks for your support.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 512/442-8963
Discussion list owner:
     Allergy - Arthritis - PCHealth - Rubber - Thyroid
Allergy LISTSERV list ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy