Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:16:54 -0500
I have a list owner who is attempting to incorporate the form action
of the SUBED1 (list subscription) template into a custom web page. When
the user completes and submits the form on the custom web page. At that
point, the list owner wants to display another custom web page stating
that the user will receive a subscription confirmation request, however,
try as we might, we cannot make this work. Appended below is the relevant
portion of a test page with comments explaining the nature of the problem.

----- extract from custom web page -----
<form action="http://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa">
<!-- <input type="hidden" name="$next_url"
value="http://www.nd.edu/~prussell/thankyou.html"> -->
<!--
PROBLEM #1 of 2: I cannot seem to incorporate the above line into this
page. LISTSERV chokes on it as an invalid parameter.
-->

<input type=hidden name=SUBED2 value="TEST-L">
<!--
PROBLEM #2 of 2: The above line is required in order for LISTSERV to know
which list we're talking about, but it also forces a $next_url value of the
full list subscription page.
-->
----- end extract -----

--