"Duane D. Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 08:54:22 EST
I always ignore the 3 day messages and I tend to ignore the
underliverable for 7 days.

When I delete a user or SET NOMAIL, I always use QUIET in front of the
command.   I have found the notification mail from LISTSERV also comes
back.

My concern now is what to do with all of the subscriptions set to NOMAIL.
The average computer illterate or LISTSERV illterate does not know what
happened.   They may guess that the discussions on a list have died off.
If the user tries to subscribe to the list again, the only thing that
happens is that the user's name on the list is updated.   The nomail
setting is untouched.

I am giving serious thought to going the lists here and deleting
all subscribers with nomail set.   However that could eliminate a
subscription in which the user set nomail theirself.

It would be nice if there was parm that could be used in place of
QUIET that would result in a notification being sent by LISTSERV
to the postmaster@subscribers-host rather than the user.

Duane