Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:01:22 -0600
On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 08:22:21 -0700, "Stephen C. Nill"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I suspect that the bottom banners are still
>there, but that the html coding causes the email client to display only the
>html text, and that the bottom banners are not html and therefore
>"disappear" insofar as the list subscriber is concerned.

Correct.

>Is this something that has been reported before?

Yes.

>Is there any way I can prevent the "disappearing" bottom banners?

Don't use HTML email.  Or. build them into the text of the message you send.

Seriously, you would think this is trivially easy, but since typestyles, fonts,
decoration, etc vary all over the lot, it is suprisingly difficult technically
to get the bottom banner to look right in HTML.  Finally, doing so requires
LISTSERV to actually modify the text of the message itself, something that
LISTSERV has historically never been allowed to do and still isn't.