Fri, 14 May 1999 00:51:26 -0500
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Ben Parker wrote:

> As documented in Appendix B, you can only put
> Reply-To= user@address
> i.e. you can't specify a name.  List Header keywords must be declared with an
> '=' sign, not ':'.

Just devious curiosity.  Say you have listowner A who is really ticked
with subscribcer B, who has done nothing wrong, A just does not like B.
B is set to INDEX as there is heavy traffic on the list.  A decides he
is going to "get' B.  A rewrites the header so Reply-to is B and hides
that part of the header.  B is flooded with eamil, for say a day, after
which the header is changed to normal.  If B has a mail system where
he cannot see the full email header there is a fair chance he will not
figure out what is going on.

Any flaws in how that would work?  If not, anything to prevent a
vindictive listowner from doing it, then claiming it was an aberation in
the system?  (What tongue lashing, Francoise? I must have missed it.)

Douglas