Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:36:15 -0500
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Russ Hunt wrote:
> I must have asked this question wrong.
> How do I configure a list so that only people with a password
> can get access to email addresses in the archive?  I've been
> looking through the help menus, and I must be looking in the
> wrong places. It's probably obvious, but it's escaping me.

As Pete Weiss said, just change your Notebooks = (in your header) from
Public to Private.  One then has to be subscribed, and have a password,
to view the messages in the archives.  It isn't specific to addresses,
though, the addresses are just part of the messages.  If you can view
the archives you can see the addresses.  There is no special setting
that strips the addresses from postings in the archives (you could do
it manually, if you wanted to).

Since you keep saying addresses, and nothing else, I can't help but
wonder if you mean the list's subscription list.  For that, just set,
in the list header, Review= Owner

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]