"Alan S. Dobkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:16:20 -0500
--On Saturday, March 20, 1999, 1:55 PM -0800 Clark Pickett
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:57:31 -0700, Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Both of these domains have been changed to *@CWIX.COM due to MCI having
>> to divest their internet business unit with the Worldcom merger.
>
> Does anyone know if this affects other MCI-related domains?  I just did a
> scan of our lists, and I found the following other variations:
>
> @MCI.COM
> @MCIMAIL.COM
> @MCIWORLD.COM
> @LOYOLANET.CAMPUS.MCI.NET

According to a member of CWIX technical support, only these four
domains were affected:

MCI2000.COM
INTERNETMCI.COM
MCIONE.COM
MCIMAIL.COM

A few quick tests confirmed the first three, but I have been unable
to confirm MCIMAIL.COM so far.  Actually, it seems like he may be
wrong about this one.  Maybe someone else can confirm or deny....

I would infer from this that MCI.COM, MCIWORLD.COM, and all of the
*.CAMPUS.MCI.NET domains are still operating as they did before.

Alan

--
Alan S. Dobkin, Operating Systems Analyst
Windows NT Group, Internet/Intranet Services